One of the great advantages I find in using and installing custom ROMS and rooting is being able to make things a little more practical on my device. And one of the features I miss the most in stock ROMS is taskbar shortcuts. They really are a lifesaver, allowing you to easily switch important settings with a single tap, and allowing you to add your own to do the things you need. However, I recently did some research on allowing something like this without having to install a custom ROM or even rooting your device, and I am pretty happy about it. I am talking about 1Tap Quick Bar, an app that allows you to set up your own toggles and quick settings, plus add shortcuts, all in your notification pane. And best of all, it’s free and doesn’t require root!
So, if you’ve ever wanted to have quick settings and toggles and can’t be bothered to change ROMs and all that, here’s how to set this app up:
1. Install the app through the Play Store with the link (1Tap Quick Bar)
2. Open the app and press “New”:
3. On this screen you can choose what toggles you want to display on the bar:
4. By swiping or clicking the tabs below, you can choose a category. You can even shortcut contacts!
5. On the “Design” tab, you can customize the look of the bar to your specific preferences:
6. When you’re done setting up your shortcuts, press the checkmark next to the “Design” tab:
7. Then, all you have to do is tap “Apply”:
8. Now, just swipe the taskbar down and you can see your brand new shortcuts!
And that’s about it. I find it pretty handy, and although custom ROMs like CyanogenMod offer some customization this seems to offer more options, plus it allows you to change how it looks, and doesn’t require root or changing ROM. It works nicely (at least on my device) and I no longer use the built in taskbar shortcuts at all! Pretty cool, right? Enjoy your revamped notification bar!