Does it take a few seconds to launch your Text Messaging app? If so, it may be because you have an abundance of old text messages being stored on your device. Storing too many texts may slow down your smartphone and even drain some of your power. For that reason, I recommend that you set your Droid to automatically delete old messages. Just follow the easy steps below to get your device configured:
- Launch your Text Messages app
- Click the Menu button
- Tap on the Settings option
- Scroll down to “Delete old messages” and tap on this option to enable it (make sure there is a green checkmark in the box)
- Select your “Text message limit”. The lower the number the better. I recommend 100 messages per conversation. But you can set this lower or higher depending on your preference. Some even set this to 0 so that there are no old messages to be found.
If you have any questions, please feel free to let us know in the comments below.
Latest posts by John A (see all)
- How to Bypass the Samsung Galaxy S4 Lock Screen Password - February 5, 2014
- How to Add Password Protection to Google Play Store App - February 1, 2014
- Improve Health and Fitness with FitBit on Android - January 12, 2014