Have you forgotten the pattern to unlock your Android device? No problem! Android has a built-in feature that lets you unlock and bypass the pattern lock screen security even if you have forgetton what the pattern was on it. Check out the step-by-step instructions below along with a quick video tutorial.
- Try to guess the pattern several times
- After about 5 incorrectly drawn patterns it will lock you out and tell you to try again later.
- But you will now notice that on the bottom right of the screen you now have the option to select “Forgot Pattern”.
- Click “Forgot Pattern”
- Enter your Google account Username and Password that you use on the device.
- Click “Sign In”
- You’ll now have the ability to Draw a NEW unlock pattern.
- Draw the new unlock pattern (make sure to remember it this time!)
- Click “Confirm” on bottom right
- That’s it! You should now be on the homescreen of your Android device with a new unlock pattern set.
Questions? Let us know by dropping us a note below!
Latest posts by John A (see all)
- How to take a screenshot on the Moto G (free – no app required!) - November 27, 2013
- How to Factory Reset and Wipe Data off the Samsung Galaxy S4 - November 23, 2013
- How to take a screenshot on the Nexus 5 (free – no app required!) - November 18, 2013