One of the greatest things about an Android smartphone is that you can alter the way it looks or the way it behaves whenever you to start feeling bored with it. There are thousands of applications on the Android Market–many of which are free–that can help you customize your Droid.
Today’s lesson is about changing the font sizes on your Android device. Why would you want to change the font size? There are many reasons why someone may want to change the font sizes on their Android phone. Perhaps you have trouble seeing text messages, email, or notifications, and want to increase the font sizes to make them larger. Or maybe the opposite, the font size is too large and you want to decrease the text size. Whatever the reason may be, below we will show you some simple to follow instructions on changing the font size on your Droid to your preference.
1. Go the Android Market (now known as Google Play).
2. Click the search button at the top right
3. Search for “Big Font” [Market Link]
4. Install the “Big Font” app on your device
5. Click launch on the app
6. Swipe you finger to the left to decrease the fonts or right to increase the size of the fonts
7. Click the “Apply” button
8. That’s it! Enjoy the changes to the font size on you Android device!
This is also great for those of you that are legally blind or visually impaired. It can greatly improve the way you interact with and use your Android device.
Looking for even more ways to increase the font sizes? Another popular app is “BIG Launcher”. BIG Launcher is designed for the elderly and/or people with bad eye sight. It uses big buttons and large fonts for all the basic functions of the phone – telephone, SMS messages, camera, gallery, SOS button and installed applications. Check it out by searching for “BIG Launcher” on Google Play. [Market Link]
Please leave us a comment below if you have any questions!
Latest posts by John A (see all)
- How to Bypass the Samsung Galaxy S4 Lock Screen Password - February 5, 2014
- How to Add Password Protection to Google Play Store App - February 1, 2014
- Improve Health and Fitness with FitBit on Android - January 12, 2014