Auto Awesome is a pretty cool feature of Google+ Photos. Basically, Google will take similar photos you take and add various effects to them and even turn them into panoramas or small movies (or add Hasselhoff to them). Well, on some Android devices, you can create your own Auto Awesome movies.
Devices You Can Create Auto Awesome Movies On
The feature is only available for a list of devices running Android 4.3. These devices are as follows (at the moment this article was written):
- Nexus 4
- Nexus 5
- Nexus 7 (2013)
- Nexus 10
- HTC One
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3
- Moto X
- Moto G
The funny part is that the feature works just fine on my 2012 Nexus 7, so it just might be available on some other devices.
How To Create Your Auto Awesome Movie
1. Tap Photos in your device’s app menu.
2. Tap the little Auto Awesome Movie button on the top right side.
3. Select the photos and movies you want to make part of your Auto Awesome movie, from your collection. When you’re done, tap Select at the top right side.
4. Once you’ve done that, you’ll need a bit of patience. I’m saying that because, if you have a slower internet connection, you’ll have to wait until your videos and photos are downloaded, so they can be assembled on your mobile device.
5. The fun part is coming now. You can give your movie a title, but you can also slide your finger right or left over the video part to choose between the various themes Google has included.
6. Once the theme looks good to you, tap the little clock icon on the top right side of the screen. It will allow you to set the kind of video you would like to end up with, time-wise.
I must tell you that, whatever modification you make, it will be shown almost instantly.
7. Now, the app will add a soundtrack to your movie, but you shouldn’t necessarily use it. You can stop the music altogether – there is a mute button for that under the video, on the right side. Or you can pick a song out of the ones Google has for you.
Tap the musical note icon and pick the one you like most. You can tap each one of them to hear a preview.
8. Once you’ve made all these decisions, you can watch your complete video and, if you think you want to remove parts of it or move the existing ones around, tap the little pencil icon on the top right left side and drag and drop to do so.
9. Once you’re happy with the way things turned out, there is just one last thing to do. Tap Save. You will be able to choose between 720p and 480p resolution, depending on the quality you want.
10. When your video is done, you will be able to share it. You’ll also find it in your Gallery, for later reference.
That’s it! You’ve just created your first Auto Awesome video! Isn’t that, well, awesome?