Tired of browsing for Android apps via your phone? No problem! Google has recently introduced the ability to download apps to your smartphone via the Android Market Website. Yes, you read that right! You can now download apps to your phone straight from your desktop web browser. No cables needed. You go to the website, login with your Gmail account, search for and select the app you want, and then it gets sent directly to your Android device via OTA (Over The Air). What are the benefits of searching for apps via the website? Well for starters, it’s a heck of a lot easier to search for apps when you have a larger screen and a full keyboard. The website also provides improved methods of filtering items so that it is ultimately easier to find apps that interest you. Read more below for the Android Market Webstore link and some pics!
Visit the new Android Market Webstore here: http://market.android.com
Main Webstore Homepage:
Featured/Top Paid/Top Free Section:
Just like on your Android device, this section shows you what are the most popular apps available on the Market. It is split up into different categories: Featured, Free, and Paid Apps. Click on what you are interested in. You’ll always find me in the FREE section!
Installing an App:
If you’d like to install an application from the website to your device:
- Navigate to an item you want to install and select it. The item details screen will appear. Read more about the item and its developer on this screen.
- If you want to install the item, select either the FREE button, or if it’s a paid app, select the price of the app.
- Press OK to accept the permissions for the app.
- If you selected a free app, then the item will start downloading immediately.
- If you selected a paid app, you may be asked to sign in to an additional Google account. Sign in and select Purchase now if you want to proceed. Step through the purchase screens.
If you’d like to remove an application from your device:
- On your Android device (not from the website), go to your Android Market app, then select My apps from the Market home screen. (On some devices, press Menu and then touch My apps)
- Select the item you’d like to uninstall.
- On the application home screen, select the “Uninstall” button.
I really like the addition of the Android Market Webstore and think it makes finding apps even easier than before. How about you? Drop us a line in the comments below and let us know what you think of the new Android Market Webstore!
Latest posts by John A (see all)
- How to Bypass the Samsung Galaxy S4 Lock Screen Password - February 5, 2014
- How to Add Password Protection to Google Play Store App - February 1, 2014
- Improve Health and Fitness with FitBit on Android - January 12, 2014