In today’s lesson we will show you a quick and easy way to download YouTube videos directly to your Android device. This can come in quite handy when you have certain videos that you want to watch later on without the hassle of having to wait for it to stream over the wireless network. It is also great option for when you want to start an offline collection of videos on your Droid. As I’m sure you have realized by now, YouTube does not provide a built-in option for saving videos on their website. Follow our step-by-step instructions below to get started.
DISCLAIMER: I do NOT in any way endorse downloading copyright material from YouTube. This method should only be used for non-copyright material and/or for educational purposes.
- Launch the Android Market app
- Click the Search icon in the Market app (or press Menu button and then click Search)
- Search for: Tubemate
- Click on the “TubeMate YouTube Downloader” app and install it
- Open the TubeMate app
- Select a video (or search for a specific video of your choice)
- Click “Save to” button
- Click “Download” button
- Select Resolution of video download (higher the better – but also larger file size)
- The file is now saved locally to your Android device. Enjoy!
Leave us a comment below if you have any issues or questions!
Latest posts by John A (see all)
- How to take a screenshot on the Moto G (free – no app required!) - November 27, 2013
- How to Factory Reset and Wipe Data off the Samsung Galaxy S4 - November 23, 2013
- How to take a screenshot on the Nexus 5 (free – no app required!) - November 18, 2013