Have you ever had to lend your Android phone to someone and then hoped that they didn’t look through your image gallery? Maybe they will find some private pictures that you don’t want them to see! Or how about those pictures of you flexing or posing in front of the mirror? That would be kind of embarrassing! There are so many reasons why someone might want to make their photos on their Android device private. Below I will show you the easiest way to hide photos & videos on your Android device:
1. Go the Android Market (AKA Play Store)
2. Search for the app “Hide Pictures in Vaulty” [Market Link]
3. Click install on this free app
4. Launch the Vaulty app
5. Set a password for the app
6. Enter a security question (in case you forget password!)
7. Tap the Gallery tab & open a folder
8. Click on a picture that you want to hide
9. Click the hide button
10. Your picture will now be hidden and availabe in the “Vault”
11. That’s it! Now just launch the “Vaulty” app the next time you want to see the hidden photos.
Below is a great video tutorial of the Vaulty app that showcases many of the available features. Check it out before you install the app to see if it is what you are looking for.
Does this Android app work well for you? Do you have any alternatives that you’d like to recommend? Let us know what you think by leaving a comment below!
Latest posts by John A (see all)
- How to Bypass the Samsung Galaxy S4 Lock Screen Password - February 5, 2014
- How to Add Password Protection to Google Play Store App - February 1, 2014
- Improve Health and Fitness with FitBit on Android - January 12, 2014