In today’s lesson, I will show you how to make your Android device look and operate like an Apple iPhone or an Apple iPad. Why in the world would you want to make your awesome Android device look like an iPhone? I have no idea! You people make me sick! LOL. No, but seriously, it can be a fun little prank to play on your friends and family. I won’t judge you… Being able to completely customize your Droid devices is one of the many reasons why the Android OS is so great!
1. Launch the Android Market or rather the “Google Play Store” as it is now being called
2. Click the Search button at the top right and search for the app “Espier Launcher”
3. Download & Install the “Espier Launcher” app [Market Link]
4. Click the Home button and click on the “Espier Launcher”. Also be sure to check the box next to “use by default”.
5. That’s it!
You’ll find that this app actually works fairly well in imitating the iOS user interface. In fact, Espier even functions like an iPhone–swipe left to search your phone, create folders by dragging app icons over each other, swipe up to reveal the multitasking toolbar, and view notification counts on messages and missed calls.
Looking to make your Android Tablet look like an Apple iPad? Espier Launcher HD is the version available for Android Tablet devices. [Market Link]
Here are some additional tips for navigating Espier Launcher:
* If you have an older Android phone, the interface might be a little laggy, but can be improved by tapping the menu button, Preferences, and unchecking animation effects.
* To uninstall an app from the home screen, tap an hold an app icon, and hit the X.
* To rearrange apps, tap and hold any app and drag the icons to the desired location.
* Close running apps by swiping up from the bottom of the screen, long-press an icon, and tap the minus sign on any apps you want to shut down.
* To make Espier Launcher your default interface, tap the home button, check the box next to “use by default for this action,” and tap Espier Launcher.
Latest posts by John A (see all)
- How to Bypass the Samsung Galaxy S4 Lock Screen Password - February 5, 2014
- How to Add Password Protection to Google Play Store App - February 1, 2014
- Improve Health and Fitness with FitBit on Android - January 12, 2014