Since spring is here, some spring cleaning is in order! There is no better place to start than the list of devices in your Google Play Store account! Fortunately, doing that cleaning process is as simple as can be (as you’ll find out soon enough).
Cleaning Up the Google Play Store List
Changing Android smartphones like underwear is somewhat normal for some of us these days. And it’s only normal, when so many great models make their way to the market every month. The problem is that your old smartphones and tablets remain in your Google Play Store account, and it gets progressively annoying to always have to pick the one you’re using from a list when installing apps from your computer (as you can see in the example below).
Fortunately, you can easily get rid of them. Let’s do that, shall we?
1. Start by clicking Apps in the left-hand menu of the Google Play Store site.
2. You’ll notice that a gears settings icon has appeared on the top right side of your Google Play Store screen. Click that icon.
3. A menu like the one below will appear. Click Settings in it.
4. You’ll be provided with a list of devices you’ve used with your Google Play Store account. Considering the fact that I review devices from time to time, my list is quite extensive. Each one of the devices has a box next to it.
If you don’t want the respective device to be shown when you want to install an app, un-tick the box next to it.
Once you’ve done that, the device won’t be shown in the list anymore.
Rename A Device
If you want to give one of your devices a new name (for example, if you have two identical smartphones and you want to be able to distinguish between them), that is possible, too.
1. In order to do so, click the Edit button in line with the device for which you want the name changed.
2. Now, write whatever the name you want in the name box – it has now become editable.
3. When you’re happy with the new name, click the Update button on the right and you’re all done!
It really is that simple to remove or edit names for the devices in your Google Play Store account, and it can make your life much more comfortable.