Forget the password to your Droid? Locked out of your device? You’d be surprised at how often I get emails from users asking me for advice on what to do when they forget their passwords. I’ve been asked so many times that I decided to write this post! Below are two different ways to go about bypassing and resetting your locked Android device. These methods will work to remove/reset your screen lock password, pattern, or PIN. No rooting required!
NOTE: Both methods require the device to be online and registered to your Google account.
1) Try to guess the pattern several times.
2) After about 5 incorrectly drawn patterns it will lock you out and tell you to try again later.
3) But you will now notice that on the bottom right of the screen you now have the option to select “Forgot Pattern”.
4) Click “Forgot Pattern”.
5) Enter your Google account Username and Password that you use on the device.
6) Click “Sign In”.
7) You’ll now have the ability to Draw a NEW unlock pattern.
8 ) Draw the new unlock pattern (make sure to remember it this time!)
9) Click “Confirm” on bottom right.
10) That’s it! You should now be on the home screen of your Android device with a new unlock pattern set.
1) Login to the Web based Android Market using your PC. [Market Link]
2) Using the Web Market, install the app “Screen Lock Bypass” to your registered device. [Market Link]
3) Then install any other application you wish, it will trigger this application to run and the Screen Lock will be disabled.
4) This application will also run each time the device is booted so you can always bypass the lock screen.
5) If you’d like to permanently reset the password, then try the PRO version of this app. [Market Link]
If the app does not work for you it could be that your version of Android is not compatible with this technique or you have a custom lock screen which cannot be bypassed.
Questions? Let us know by leaving us a comment below!
Latest posts by John A (see all)
- How to Bypass the Samsung Galaxy S4 Lock Screen Password - February 5, 2014
- How to Add Password Protection to Google Play Store App - February 1, 2014
- Improve Health and Fitness with FitBit on Android - January 12, 2014