So you want to root your new DROID RAZR?! Well, I can’t say that I blame you. It’s a great phone and by rooting it you will be unlocking the devices full potential. The ability to fully customize it and access lots of great Android features that the manufacturers lock out.
Now I’m not saying that you should all go out and root your brand new Motorola Droid RAZR! Rooting is only for those of you who know what you are getting yourselves into. Techies and geeks for the most part! Rooting can be great fun but it can also brick your device, void the warranty, and make your device unusable. If your phone gets bricked, there aren’t any unbricking methods just yet, so proceed with caution. As always, Droid Lessons claims no responsibility for what might happen to your device. So don’t say I didn’t warn you! If you want to learn more about rooting then check out this article for starters: What is Rooting? The Advantages and Disadvantages
Here are the step-by-step instructions to get your Droid RAZR rooted:
2. Download DooMLoRD v2 ROOT zergRush busybox su.zip and extract contents to your PC (desktop would be a good place).
3. From your Droid RAZR’s homescreen, tap Menu button and enable USB Debugging from Settings > Applications > Development.
4. Connect your Droid RAZR with your PC and make sure to select the Charge Only option from notifications drawer.
5. Navigate to to the folder you unzipped in Step 2 and click on the runme.bat file.
6. Your phone will reboot when it finishes.
That’s it! Your Motorola Droid RAZR should now be rooted and running Android 2.3.5 Gingerbread. Congrats!
Looking for some great apps for your newly rooted Droid RAZR? Check out our Top 7 Must Have Apps for Rooted Android Devices
Source: Droid Forums
Latest posts by John A (see all)
- How to Bypass the Samsung Galaxy S4 Lock Screen Password - February 5, 2014
- How to Add Password Protection to Google Play Store App - February 1, 2014
- Improve Health and Fitness with FitBit on Android - January 12, 2014