I get asked this question quite a bit and I thought it was time to make a quick tutorial on how to save pictures that your friends send to you via Text Message (MMS). There are several ways to save a picture or attachment that friends send you and I’ll describe couple of them below. Unfortunately, not every phone is exactly the same and therefore I’m also going to suggest an app that can easily save pictures and attachments that you receive via text message. The app is nice because it will work on any device!
1) Go into your “Messages” app where you get your text messages and select the message that contains the image you want to save. Now “Long Press” on the message with the picture… not the message thread and not on the picture itself. A Message options menu will appear, the second option is “Save picture.” That’s it! If this method does not work for you, then check out the next one.
1) Go to the Android Market and search for the app “Save MMS” by Andrew Schwimmer. Install this app and then go to your App Drawer and run the app. This tool will display all the Images and Attachments you have received via Text Message. Simply click on the one that you want to save and it will allow you to give it a file name before it saves it to your SD Card under the folder “SavedMMS”. You will also be able to view the picture in your Gallery app. [Market Link]
I hope this tutorial has been helpful for you. Please let me know if you have any questions by leaving a comment below!
Latest posts by John A (see all)
- How to take a screenshot on the Moto G (free – no app required!) - November 27, 2013
- How to Factory Reset and Wipe Data off the Samsung Galaxy S4 - November 23, 2013
- How to take a screenshot on the Nexus 5 (free – no app required!) - November 18, 2013