Tired of having to reply to Text Messages when you are driving or in a meeting? But you don’t want to be rude and ignore people who are sending you the messages? No problem! Setup your Text Messages (also known as SMS) to be on an auto-responder for those times when you can’t respond.
You are about to go into a meeting and it would be inappropriate to use your phone. We’ll show you how you can create an Auto-Reply to any text messages you receive in that time period while you are in the meeting. You could make it say something like “Sorry, I’m in a meeting but will text you back as soon as I get out. Thanks!”.
You are driving with the kids in the car and want to make sure you are focused on the road. But you want to let your friends, family, & co-workers now what your status is without having to pick up the phone when you receive text messages (SMS). You could setup the Auto-Response on your Android device to inform them of your situation, such as: “This is an auto-reply. I’m on the road with the kids, I’ll text you back as soon as it’s safe and we arrive at our destination.”
So how can you setup this auto-responder on your Android device? It’s simple and, best of all, it’s available for free on the Android Market (now known as Google Play).
1. Go to the Android Market and search for the app “Auto SMS (Autoresponder)”. [Market Link]
2. Install the “Auto SMS” app
3. Launch the Auto SMS app and read the disclaimer
4. Click on the New Profile button on the bottom
5. Enter a name for this Profile. For this example, we will name it “Driving”. Click the OK button to continue
6. Now you have a new Profile named Driving. Click on the Driving profile and then click “Setting”
7. Select the settings you would like.
8. Click on “Reply Message” to enter the Auto Response.
9. Click on the “Options” tab at the top for additional options
10. Click the Back button on your device to return to the main screen.
11. Click on the “OFF” button on the right of the “Driving” profile to turn on the Auto-Response. You’ll notice that it is now a green “ON” button.
12. That’s it! Give it a try and see how well it works for you.
The “Auto SMS” app also has some additional features that are worth mentioning:
* SMS Forwarding – Gives you the ability to forward incoming text messages to another number.
* Reader – If you enable this feature, it will read out loud any text messages that you receive.
Latest posts by John A (see all)
- How to take a screenshot on the Moto G (free – no app required!) - November 27, 2013
- How to Factory Reset and Wipe Data off the Samsung Galaxy S4 - November 23, 2013
- How to take a screenshot on the Nexus 5 (free – no app required!) - November 18, 2013