Most Android phones use to require Root access and/or an app in order to be able to take a screenshot of your phone’s display. Well, that’s no longer the case for the DROID RAZR MAXX, RAZR HD, or RAZR M! With the DROID RAZR family of phones you can capture a screenshot easily without any third-party apps! You heard correctly… no root or third-party paid apps required. This is now a stock feature on Android 4 ICS (Ice Cream Sandwich). This method is totally free and simple!
Why would you need to capture screenshots on your device? So that you can share what is on your screen with your friends! Get a high score on a game? Take a screenshot and send it to friends via email or Facebook! Want to share a funny text that someone sent you? There are so many reasons!
Just follow the steps below to start taking screen shots on your DROID RAZR.
1. HOLD down the POWER button and the VOLUME DOWN button at the same time for three seconds.
2. That’s it! Seriously, it’s that easy! For those having issues, hit the home button first, then right after that tap the power button. You’ll see a message appear on the screen that says “screenshot saved to Camera shots”. With this method, your screenshot will appear in the directory /Pictures/Screenshots. You can also go to your Gallery app to see the screenshots that you have captured.
Now go try it out and start capturing some cool images of your Android screens! Leave us a comment if you have any questions.
Latest posts by John A (see all)
- How to take a screenshot on the Moto G (free – no app required!) - November 27, 2013
- How to Factory Reset and Wipe Data off the Samsung Galaxy S4 - November 23, 2013
- How to take a screenshot on the Nexus 5 (free – no app required!) - November 18, 2013