Most Android phones require Root access and/or an app in order to be able to take a screenshot of your phone’s display. Well, that’s no longer the case for the HTC One X! HTC was kind enough to provide the ability to take a screenshot easily without any third-party software! You heard correctly… no root or third-party paid app required. This method is totally free and simple! There are actually two different screenshot methods available for the One X. Just follow the steps below to start taking screen shots on your HTC One X.
1. Hold down the POWER button and then press the HOME button.
2. That’s it! Seriously, it’s that easy! You’ll see a message appear on the screen that says “screenshot saved to Camera shots”. Your screenshot will be in your DCIM (Camera) directory. You can then go to your Gallery app to see the screenshots that you have captured.
1. Hold down the POWER button and then press the VOLUME DOWN button. (hold the buttons for a second or two)
2. That’s it for this method too! You’ll see a message appear on the screen that says “screenshot saved to Camera shots”. With this method, your screenshot will appear in the directory /Pictures/Screenshots. You can also go to your Gallery app to see the screenshots that you have captured.
Now go try it out and start capturing some cool images of your Android screens! Leave us a comment if you have any questions.
Latest posts by John A (see all)
- How to Bypass the Samsung Galaxy S4 Lock Screen Password - February 5, 2014
- How to Add Password Protection to Google Play Store App - February 1, 2014
- Improve Health and Fitness with FitBit on Android - January 12, 2014