I’m sure many of you are excited about using your new Moto G smartphone! You probably want to share some of the screens on your new phone with your friends and family. If so, check out this simple tutorial on how to take screenshots on your Moto G.
In the past, most Android devices used to require Root access and/or an app in order to be able to take a screenshot of your phone’s display. Well, that’s no longer the case for the latest devices like the Moto G smartphone! With the Moto G you can quickly capture a screenshot easily without any third-party apps! You heard correctly… no root or third-party paid apps required. This is now a stock feature on newer Android devices. This method is totally free and simple!
Why would you need to capture screenshots on your smartphone? So that you can share what is on your screen with your friends! Get a high score on a game? Take a screenshot and send it to friends via email or Facebook! Want to share a funny text that someone sent you? Forward a screen capture of a friend’s contact information. If you can see it on your smartphone, you can share it with your friends.
There may be other screenshot methods available for the Motorola Moto X smartphone. But we feel the is the quickest and easiest way that does not involve rooting or installing third party apps. Just follow the steps below to start taking free screen shots of your Moto X.
1. Navigate to the screen you want to capture.
2. Press and HOLD both the POWER and Volume Down button for three seconds, or until you hear the camera shutter click.
3. That’s it! Seriously, it’s that easy! For those having issues, hit the POWER button first, then right after that tap the Volume Down button. You’ll see a message appear on the screen that says “Saving Screenshot…”. With this method, your screen shot will appear in Gallery/Screenshots. You can also go to your Gallery app to view the screenshots that you have captured.
Sharing the Screenshot:
Sharing the screenshot is just as easy with the new notification actions in Android 4.4 KitKat. Simply pull down your notification tray by swiping your finger down on the top bar, tap on share under the screenshot, and select the service you want to share it with. That’s it!
Now go try it out and start capturing some cool images of your Android screens on the Moto G! Leave us a comment below if you have any questions.
Latest posts by John A (see all)
- How to Bypass the Samsung Galaxy S4 Lock Screen Password - February 5, 2014
- How to Add Password Protection to Google Play Store App - February 1, 2014
- Improve Health and Fitness with FitBit on Android - January 12, 2014