Most Android phones in the past required Root access and/or an app in order to be able to take a screenshot of your phone’s display. Well, that’s no longer the case for newer smartphones like the Moto X! With the Moto X you can capture a screen shot easily without any third-party apps! You heard correctly… no root or third-party paid apps required. This is now a stock feature on most of the new Android devices. This method is totally free and simple!
Why would you need to capture screenshots on your smartphone? So that you can share what is on your screen with your friends! Get a high score on a game? Take a screenshot and send it to friends via email or Facebook! Want to share a funny text that someone sent you? There are so many reasons!
There may be other screenshot methods available for the Motorola Moto X smartphone. But we feel the is the quickest and easiest way that does not involve rooting or installing third party apps. Just follow the steps below to start taking free screen shots of your Moto X.
1. Navigate to the screen you want to capture.
2. HOLD down the POWER button and the Volume Down button at the same time.
3. That’s it! Seriously, it’s that easy! For those having issues, hit the POWER button first, then right after that tap the Volume Down button. You’ll see a message appear on the screen that says “screenshot saved to Camera shots”. With this method, your screen shot will appear in the directory /Pictures/Screenshots. You can also go to your Gallery app to view the screenshots that you have captured.
Now go try it out and start capturing some cool images of your Android screens! Leave us a comment if you have any questions.
Latest posts by John A (see all)
- How to Bypass the Samsung Galaxy S4 Lock Screen Password - February 5, 2014
- How to Add Password Protection to Google Play Store App - February 1, 2014
- Improve Health and Fitness with FitBit on Android - January 12, 2014