How to take a screenshot on the Samsung Galaxy S3 (free – no app required!)107
Most Android phones require Root access and/or an app in order to be able to take a screenshot of your phone’s display. Well, that’s no longer the case for the Samsung Galaxy S3! With the Galaxy S3 you can capture a screenshot easily without any third-party apps! You heard correctly… no root or third-party paid apps required. This is now a stock feature on Android 4 ICS (Ice Cream Sandwich). This method is totally free and simple!
Why would you need to capture screenshots on your device? So that you can share what is on your screen with your friends! Get a high score on a game? Take a screenshot and send it to friends via email or Facebook! Want to share a funny text that someone sent you? There are so many reasons!
There are actually two different screenshot methods available for the Samsung Galaxy S3. Just follow the steps below to start taking screen shots on your SIII.
1. HOLD down the POWER button and the HOME button at the same time.
2. That’s it! Seriously, it’s that easy! For those having issues, hit the home button first, then right after that tap the power button. You’ll see a message appear on the screen that says “screenshot saved to Camera shots”. With this method, your screenshot will appear in the directory /Pictures/Screenshots. You can also go to your Gallery app to see the screenshots that you have captured.
1. Click the MENU button and select SETTINGS.
2. Select MOTION.
3. Under “Hand Motion” settings, check “Palm swipe to Capture” checkbox.
4. That’s it! Now you can capture screens by moving your palm on the screen from left to right or right to left. This will take screenshot of whatever screen you are currently on. You can go to your Gallery app to see the screenshots that you have captured.
Now go try it out and start capturing some cool images of your Android screens! Leave us a comment if you have any questions.