Have you been using your new Android smartphone as a replacement for your Digital Camera? If so, I’m sure you’ve taken lots of great pictures! Taking pics on your Droid is a lot more convenient than carrying around another camera. But what if you lost your smartphone? Wouldn’t you like to store the pictures on your computer as a backup? If so, just follow the simple steps in this lesson and I’ll show you how to backup your photos and transfer them to your PC.
Copying pics and videos from the micro-SD Card in your Android device to a computer, allows you to back up and use them on your PC for editing, sharing or viewing. The process of copying photos and videos from your phone to a computer is fairly simple, just follow our step-by-step instructions below to get started!
2. On the smartphone, drag the notifications bar down and then tap it. Next tap USB connected, and then Mount.
3. On the computer, click the START button and then select Computer or My Computer. The micro-SD card in your phone will be recognized and listed as a Removable Disk.
4. Double-click this removable disk to open it. Double-click the folder DCIM, and then the folder Camera.
5. From this folder, you can copy all pictures and videos taken with the Digital Camera of your Android smartphone.
6. To disconnect your Android, just go to the notifications area on your phone and tap on the USB sign to disconnect.
7. That’s it! Enjoy the peace of mind of knowing that you have a backup of all your pics & videos stored on your PC. In addition, you now have an alternative way to view, share, and edit all of the pics that you’ve taken on your Droid!
Looking for other ways to transfer the files? How about without cables and via WiFi? Check out one of our other tutorials for more Advanced users: How to transfer files via WiFi from PC to Android (Wirelessly)
Do you have any questions or comments? Please feel free to leave us a note in the comments section below!
Latest posts by John A (see all)
- How to take a screenshot on the Moto G (free – no app required!) - November 27, 2013
- How to Factory Reset and Wipe Data off the Samsung Galaxy S4 - November 23, 2013
- How to take a screenshot on the Nexus 5 (free – no app required!) - November 18, 2013