Top 10 Free Android Apps for Health & Fitness
Summer time is here and you know what that means… you’ve got to get that body back in shape for the beach! Getting in shape and maintaining your health is a lot easier now with the help of your Android device. Check out these great Health and Fitness apps below to get started!
Let us know which apps are your personal favorites in the comment section at the bottom.
- Workout Planner with hundreds of workout exercises.
- Workout Logs to keep track of progress
- Designed by bodybuilders and personal trainers
Calorie Counter by FatSecret
- A simple app to find all the Calorie and Nutrition Facts for the foods you eat.
- It includes the following great features:
- A food diary to plan and keep track of what you’re eating.
- An exercise diary to record all the calories you burn.
- A barcode scanner and manual barcode input
- A quick pick to find calorie and nutrition info for your favorite foods, brands and restaurants.
- A diet calendar to see your calories consumed and burned.
- A weight tracker.
- A journal to record your progress.
- Recipes and meal ideas
- Great app for those of you that enjoy running/jogging
- RunKeeper uses GPS to track your fitness activities, including distance, time, pace, calories, heart rate, and path traveled on a map.
- Nike BOOM syncs your music to your dynamic training workouts, with your sport’s most elite athletes and coaches motivating you along the way.
- First you choose your sport, then your type of training-such as intervals-then set the amount of time you have and the playlist you want to listen to.
- Throughout your workout you’ll get blasts of motivation from the best in the game, pushing you to drive harder and keep your eyes on the prize—all while listening to your favorite beats.
Calorie Counter – MyFitnessPal
- Helps keep track of your calorie intake with a Daily Food Diary.
- Powered by a huge internet database which keeps records of nearly every type and brand of food you can imagine. It now also includes a barcode scanner for nutritional info on food items.
Endomondo Sports Tracker
- A great trainer for running, cycling, and walking.
- It includes the following features:
- Real time GPS tracking of time, distance, speed, & calories
- Audio feedback for every mile or km
- Real time peptalks from friends following you live
- Workout route on a map
- History with lap times & music playlist
- Beat a friend: Go against a friend’s personal best
- Compete on a route: Download a route and beat the Champion
- Is a simple app that is focused on getting you to doing 50, 75, 100 or 125 push ups in a row — that is what the Push Ups fitness app is all about.
- Just like a real personal fitness trainer, the Push Ups app adjusts the exercise regimen based on your feedback how taxing you think the individual exercises are. That way, you can continue towards your fitness goal at your very own pace.
- This app allows you to have 24/7 access to health information. This can come in especially handy when you need a symptom checker, doctor finder, and medical reference tool.
- So the next time you’re feeling sick, you can input your symptoms and get an idea of what might be ailing you. Of course, this should NOT be used as a professional opinion for medical advice… But it helps when you are trying to figure out what’s wrong before you head to the doctor’s office.
- Great app for walking, running, biking & other activities.
- Seamlessly tracks indoor/outdoor activities – calories, GPS, pedometer
- Integrated voice output & music player
- Friend activity feed to motivate you
- Workout schedule with reminders
Noom Weight Loss
- Noom Weight Loss is a full-featured app that helps you achieve your weight loss goals by combining exercise tracking, food logging and motivation into one easy-to-use package.
- Set up a personal weight loss plan and then track your progress, log meals, get exercise reminders, and track all your activities — from walking to yoga.
Let us know which apps are your personal favorites by leaving us a comment below!
Latest posts by John A (see all)
- How to Bypass the Samsung Galaxy S4 Lock Screen Password - February 5, 2014
- How to Add Password Protection to Google Play Store App - February 1, 2014
- Improve Health and Fitness with FitBit on Android - January 12, 2014